The Durham District School Board is committed to excellence. Our schools excel because of the contributions of staff, students, parents and community volunteers. The volunteers in our school board make a priceless commitment to the success of our students.
The Durham District School Board will celebrate the importance of the volunteers in our schools at the:
Volunteer of Distinction Ceremony
October 26, 2017
Criteria for nominations:
- The recipient must not be a staff member of your school or receive money for work performed at the school.
- The recipient must have demonstrated a commitment to the school and have been actively involved in furthering the goals of the Durham District School Board.
- The recipient does not have to be a parent or a member of the School Community Council, but is an individual who has given of his/her time or talent to furthering the aims of the school.
Submitting a Nomination:
Principals: Please submit your nomination electronically by June
- Nominations should be submitted to the Principal and/or SCC Chair, and discussed at a
School Community Council meeting.
- Please nominate only ONE volunteer from your school to be recognized
- Please ensure you have the correct spelling of their name