The Durham District School Board is working with community partners, The Boys and Girls Club of Durham, CAREA and the YMCA, to bring affordable afterschool recreation programs to children in schools throughout the Durham District School Board (DDSB).
The after-school programs provide an opportunity for participants to develop and learn in fun environments, provide families with safe and secure locations for their children and provide the community with many focussed activities.
Children aged 6-12 are given the opportunity to make friends, develop new skills and knowledge which will advance their learning around health and wellness. The recreation based after-school programs build confidence in a fun, safe, interesting and engaging environment. The program is aimed at improving the health and wellness of children and youth.
- Physical activity
- Health eating and nutrition education
- Wellness and personal health
- Homework help, arts and crafts and free play choices
For information about....
- a recreation program in your child's school, please contact the appropriate partner.
- a complete list of our Recreation Program locations, click here.