Special Education services include the professional services of Autism, Psychology, Social Work, Attendance Services, and Speech, Language and Hearing to students in the DDSB system. A description of each of these services can be found below or in the Special Education Report.
Personal Health Information and Protection Act
Student records for these professional services are maintained according to the requirements of the Personal Health Information and Protection Act (PHIPA).
For a copy of the Durham District School Board’s procedure for record keeping, click on Protecting Personal Health Information: Practices of the Durham District School Board’s Psychology, Social Work, Speech/Language Pathology, and Audiology Staff Regarding the Use, Collection and Disclosure of Personal Health Information.
Compendium of Best Educational Practices for Students with Various Diagnoses
- A brief description of the diagnosis
- Who can provide such a diagnosis
- Typical Identifications to consider that are suitable to the diagnosis
- Ministry links to consider for programming and/or IEP
- In-house resources to consider
- Community-based resources to consider