Fieldtrips and out-of-school activities provide a unique learning experience for all students. These enrichment opportunities have become a natural extension of the in-school curriculum. All school trips follow Durham District School Board (D.D.S.B.) procedures and guidelines. Although the majority of fieldtrips are one-day excursions normally during school time, there are opportunities for students to participate in extended overnight trips. Traditionally these have included trips during the March Break and other Long Weekends. In some instances, the school has partnered with registered tour companies to assist with the trip itinerary.
To ensure your son/daughter is participating in a school arranged and approved trip, the following procedures are normal requirements:
- Parent/guardian consent form on D.D.S.B. Letterhead
- Full day trip itinerary developed by the school and/or with the tour company is provided
- Teacher chaperone names are clearly indicated on the permission form
- Parent information night held at the school with the teachers present for out-of-province and international trips
- School Administration will contact each parent/guardian for international trips
Only Outdoor Physical Education has an overnight trip component as part of the curriculum which follows the procedure above. There may be other papers and procedures depending on the trip itinerary and destination. If there are any questions to the validity of the trip, please contact Administration at the school. The school does not endorse or support trips provided by outside tour agencies which are not part of the school program.