Brooklin High School is committed to maintaining a safe, orderly and positive learning culture.
A positive school climate in which students have the opportunity to develop in a safe and respectful learning environment is paramount.
Our Safe and Accepting School Team is committed to ensuring the Brooklin High School community is safe.
A positive school climate exists when all members of the school community feel safe, comfortable, and accepted.
To help achieve a positive school environment, Brooklin High School will actively promote proactive safe schools initiatives including Progressive Discipline, Character Education, Bully Prevention and Intervention, Restorative Practice, and an Equity and Inclusive Education Strategy.
Some characteristics of a school with a positive learning climate are:
- Students and staff both feel safe, and are safe;
- Healthy and inclusive relationships are promoted;
- Students are encouraged to be positive leaders in their school community;
- All education partners, including students, are actively engaged;
- Bullying prevention, awareness-raising strategies and intervention for students and staff are reinforced through programs that address discrimination based on such factors as age, race, sexual orientation, gender, faith, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic disadvantage;
- Improvement of student achievement is emphasized.
Our Safe and Accepting Schools Team will endeavor to ensure Brooklin High School fulfils these characteristics.