Summer School offers students of all ages an opportunity to get ahead, catch-up, explore the world of work through experiential learning or get ready for the next step. Programs are offered in a face-to-face format, on-line through eLearning or as a cooperative work experience. All courses are taught by licensed teachers and meet the Ontario Ministry of Education curriculum expectations. Summer school sites also offer free tutor support for registered students.
Secondary Programs (Credit Granting Courses)
- Accelerated Secondary Credit (Grades 9 - 12)
- Accelerated Grade 9 Reach-Ahead Credit (by Principal recommendation only)
- eLearning Secondary Credit (Grades 10 - 12)
- Cooperative Learning Credit (Regular, SHSM and Youth in Policing)
- Credit Recovery (Grades 9 - 12)
Elementary Programs (Non-credit Granting Courses)
- Grade 7 & 8 Literacy and Numeracy Upgrading
Above programs are offered at locations in Oshawa, Whitby and Ajax/Pickering each year. Programs start at the beginning of July and end each year before the August Civic holiday weekend (specific dates and locations change each year - see program pages for details). eLearning will offer a second semester starting late July and finishing the end of the third week of August.
Secondary Programs (Non-credit Granting Courses)
- Getting Ready for High School (for students entering grade 9 in September)
This transition program is offered in the second last week of August at each secondary school within the Durham District School Board. (see program page for details)