Welcome to our parents’ page, devoted entirely to resources to support learning at home and beyond the classroom. Please check back frequently for new updates. We hope this becomes a practical and valuable source of ideas and information for our families.
Please visit the links below for resources about Language, Mathematics, Healthy Minds and Links & Resources.
We also encourage families to visit the DDSB Website - Parents Section
and community involvement is very important in supporting the success
of all of our students, from our youngest learners in kindergarten to
Parents and caregivers support learning by:
The Parent Tool Kit.pdf and Parent Tool Kit - Teen Edition.pdf
contain a wide variety of practical suggestions for parents and
caregivers who lead busy lifestyles and want to enrich their child's
learning experiences and opportunities.
- Checking agendas and school websites frequently and communicating with teachers
- Helping with homework and discussing new learning
- Connecting learning at school and learning at home
- Reading, writing and doing math together at home
- Supporting school events and initiatives, becoming involved in the School Community Council
- Talking about their high expectations for success at school with their children
Please also visit the Ontario Ministry of Education website to learn how our homes and community are already a learning environment.