We celebrate our many volunteers who help to enhance the learning at our school each day. Your time and talents are much appreciated. Each year, we recognize one volunteer through the DDSB Volunteer of Distinction Program.
Our volunteers are special caring adults who add their talents to our academic and co-curricular programs. Volunteers are welcome to commit as much time to our students as their schedule permits. There are many ways to volunteer, including:
- volunteer reader in our "Little Books" program
- Healthy Snack program volunteer
- assisting with classroom tasks by preparing materials
- volunteering in the Library
- attending class field trips
- driving students to co-curricular events
- volunteering on a committee with the School Community Council
- Immunization Clinic volunteer
In keeping with the Durham District School Board policy, all volunteers must provide a valid Criminal Background, Vulnerable Sector, Reference Check. Letters to take to the police station to obtain the background are available at the office from administrative staff.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please contact Mrs. Damoff-Murphy, our Special Education Resource Teacher.