The staff, students and community are proudly committed to creating a positive school climate where all members of the school community feel safe, comfortable and accepted. Our Duffin's Bay PS Bullying Prevention and Intervention Plan 2016-2017.pdf outlines our goals and priorities, based on analysis of the results of the DDSB School Climate Survey.
Duffin's Bay Public School engages in many proactive initiatives to promote a positive and safe culture, including:
C.A.R.E.S. Program (Character Education)
Student Leadership Initiatives (Student Voice)
Equity and Inclusive Education
Bully Prevention, Intervention and Awareness Initiatives (e.g. Bullying Prevention Week, Pink Shirt Day)
Some characteristics of a school with a positive learning climate are:
· Students and staff both feel safe, and are safe;
· Healthy and inclusive relationships are promoted;
· Students are encouraged to be positive leaders in their school community;
· All education partners, including students, are actively engaged;
· Bullying prevention, awareness-raising strategies and intervention for students and staff are reinforced through programs that address discrimination based on such factors as age, race, sexual orientation, gender, faith, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic disadvantage;
· Improvement of student achievement is emphasized.
Taken from PPM 144, Bully Prevention and Intervention
PPM 145, Progressive Discipline and Promoting Positive Student Behaviour, 2012-2013
Please refer to the information in the tabs on the left to learn more about Safe Schools at Duffin's Bay and in the DDSB.