Why you might want to take a course from our amazing department?
If you want to know ....
• Why people behave the way they do
• Why your parents are the way they are and why it is important they are that way
• Why nutrition really does matter and why fast food is killing you.
• How to prepare yourself for a career in any field that deals with
people (Eg. Tourism, teaching, advertising, psychology)
• How to reduce stress by managing your resources wisely.
• How fashion trends are created.
• How to make your own creations.
HIF 1O (Individual and Family Living in Canada)
HZT 4U (Philosophy: Questions and Theories)
HFN20 (Food and Nutrition)
HSB 4M (Challenge and Change in Society)
HPW 3C (Living and Working with Children)
HHS 4M (Individuals and Families in a Diverse Society)
HIP 3E (Managing Personal Resources)
HFA 4M ( Food and Nutrition Sciences)
HNC 3O (Fashion and Creative Expression)
HNB 4O (Fashion Industry)
HSP 3M (Introduction to Psych., Soc., and Anthro.)
HPD 4E (Parenting and Human Development)
"The humanities (liberal arts) play a special role in education, for without them, we would merely be training students, not educating them. Typically in our high-tech age, engineers, for example, are no longer practising engineering 10 years after graduating. Therefore instilling the ability to think about sociological, psychological and political issues is crucial in preparing them for the leadership roles they will play."
President, University of Toronto
U of T Magazine, vol. 28, no. 3 , Spring 2001