The Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test is based on the reading and writing expectations up to the end of Grade 9. It is not a test of memorized facts. A student who has successfully completed the OSSLT is considered to have met the literacy graduation requirement.
The Voluntary On-Line Literacy Test will be on October 20, 2016.
The Literacy Test will be held on March 30, 2017. Only those students writing the test attend on the test day.
Visit the EQAO website ( http://www.eqao.com ) to view past tests and preparation materials.
On-Line Practice Test
By answering comprehension questions, students must show they can:
• understand explicitly stated information and ideas
• understand indirectly stated information and ideas
• make personal connections to the text
Questions are in two forms:
• multiple choice questions
• short open-response questions including a summary
In their writing, students must demonstrate skill in:
• developing a main idea with sufficient supporting details
• organizing and linking information and ideas
• using correct grammar, punctuation and spelling