Welcome to the INTERNATIONAL LANGUAGES DEPARTMENT
Department Head: Mrs. R. Shariff
- Ms. Agraso
- Mme. Garber
- Mr. Przyklenk
- Mme. Sabbagh
Five Top Reasons to Study Another Language:
5. Studies show that students who study languages achieve better results in other subject areas.
4. Because several English words are very similar to words in Latin, Spanish, French and German.
3. 125 million people in the world speak French, Spanish is the second most spoken language in the world, and German is a popular business language.
2. To be more marketable. Languages helps in business, medicine, administration, politics, law and education.
And the Number One Reason...
1. To experience culture and diversity, in a fun and educational way, without leaving home!
- Cultural Food Days
- Field Trips to Museums, Movies, Restaurants, etc.
- Skits, Songs and Dancing
- Spanish Fiesta Day
- Games, Music and Crafts
- Cultural Dress-up Days
- Interesting and Challenging Projects
- Student Exchanges to other countries
- and much, much more!
If you are interested in participating in a student exchange program to a foreign country speaking French, Spanish or German, please see a Languages teacher for more details.