Welcome to the INTERNATIONAL LANGUAGES DEPARTMENT
Department Head: Ms.Shariff
Department Members: Ms. Garber
Five Top Reasons to Study Another Language:
5. Studies show that students who study languages achieve better results in other subject areas.
4. Because many English words are similar to words in Latin, Spanish, French and German.
3. 125 million people in the world speak French, Spanish is the second most spoken language in the world, and German is a popular business language.
2. To be more marketable. Languages helps in business, medicine, administration, politics, law, travel and education.
And the Number One Reason...
1. To experience culture and diversity, in a fun and educational way, without leaving home!
- Cultural Food Days
- Field Trips to Museums, Movies, Restaurants, etc.
- Skits, Songs and Dancing
- Games, Music and Crafts
- Cultural Dress-up Days
- Interesting and Challenging Projects
- Student Exchanges to other countries
- and much, much more!
If you are interested in participating in a student exchange program to a foreign country speaking French or Quebec, please see a Languages teacher for more details