At school today, and over the next few
days, we will be reviewing safety tips in an age appropriate manner in
all classes. This is an opportune time to review general safety tips
with your children. A list of safety guidelines for you to review with
your child (ren) now and any time of year is listed below. Staff,
students and parents work and communicate together to make a difference
for our learning environment. Our communication continues to be the key
to our success. Please discuss the following suggestions with your
family so that safe strategies are reinforced.
1. Always walk with a buddy to and from school.
2. Do not talk to strangers.
3. Inform your parents and the school if a stranger approaches you.
4. Remember, adults do not ask for directions from children.
5. Always let your parents know if there has been a change in your plans.
6. Avoid taking short cuts through fields and parks.
7. Never walk alone, especially at night.
8. Be aware of your surroundings when wearing earphones.
9. It is okay for children not to speak to adults who they do not know.
take a moment to review these tips with your child(ren). Together, we
can keep our school and community a safe environment for our children.