Blair Ridge is a community school which means most families are fortunate to live within a short walk of our school. For this reason we encourage all students to arrive at school on foot. This may mean walking a short distance, or forming walking groups from home with other families. If it is necessary for you to drive your student to school, please pay close attention to the following guidelines:
- For the safety of all students, staff, and parents we ask that students only be dropped off at our Kiss 'n Ride. Please do not have students walk through our parking lot without an adult.
- Enter the Kiss 'n Ride area SLOWLY and pull up as far as possible
- Unload your vehicle on the passenger side in the designated area only. Arrange car seats and passengers so that students exit on the passenger side only.
- Please do not leave your car in the Kiss 'n Ride area while you escort your child to the school. If you must escort your child to the building, please park on one of the side streets (not in the Kiss 'n Ride or bus loop) and keep your child close to you at all times when walking through traffic areas.
Please do not use the bus loop to drop off your child. We understand that the Kiss 'n Ride can get quite backed up, especially on poor weather days, but the bus loop is for buses and staff parking only.
- When using the Kiss 'n Ride, allow yourself some extra time at the beginning, and end, of the day so that you are not rushing through the Kiss 'n Ride, or drop-off and pick-up procedures.
Our students' safety is everyone's concern, please help us create a safe environment for our children.